Information We Collect:
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of this website – including details such as which pages visitors view and the resources that they access. Such information includes traffic data, location data, and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase (like buying one of our books).
Cookies may also gather information about your general internet use. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to you computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally – it is statistical data. We do not receive any personal details whatsoever.
Even so, you can adjust the settings on you computer to disallow any cookies if you wish. This can be done easily by activating the “reject cookies” setting on you computer.
Use of Your Information:
We use any information that we collect from you in order to provide our services to you. To clarify this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you about other products that may be of interest to you, or that you may enjoy. Such additional information will only be provided where you have agreed and consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services, or goods and products.
Storing Your Personal Data:
In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is secure.
Unfortunately, the sending of information on the internet is not totally secure, and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot make an absolute guarantee about the security of the data you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information:
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Like many other Web sites, DiscoverMinimalism.com makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting service’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information is not linked to personal information and is not personally identifiable.
Possible Future Advertising Partners:
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our visitors based upon their visit to DiscoverMinimalism.com and other sites on the internet.
- Commission Junction
- Yahoo! Publisher Network
DiscoverMinimalism.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Again, if you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browser’s respective websites.
Third Party Links:
Access to Information:
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee of $15 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.